Best Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil: Things You Need to Know
Eyes look more attractive if you use good eyeliners and that’s where the topic of the best waterproof eyeliner pencil comes. There are a lot of good eyeliners that can make your eyes attractive, but all of those don’t pass the test of durability. Many decent types of eyeliner smear or smudge easily by sweat or water splash.
So, to look better in a long hectic day, you must choose waterproof eyeliner and survive for a long time. Choosing one is not a tough task as there are a lot of waterproof ones available in the market. All you have to do is pick one that is the best for you.
Why Do You Need to Buy the Best Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil?
Do you know why you should look for the best eyeliner that doesn’t smear or smudge? Eyeliners are great as long as they choose to stay as you have applied. But this doesn’t happen often. There are a thousand reasons because of which your eyeliners smudge. Sweat is the most common.
However, even the best eyeliners smudge easily if they are not waterproof. As a result, instead of looking beautiful, you may look hilarious. The worst thing is that you might not even notice that your eyeliners are messed up. That’s why you must look for the best waterproof eyeliner that stays right even after a dance class or a swimming session maybe.
Why don’t Waterproof Eyeliners Smudge Easily?
Have you ever asked why the best waterproof eyeliners stay longer and stronger than regular eyeliners? The formula is the answer. They come in a modified formula in which the amount of wax and polymer is higher than those of the regular eyeliner formula. As a result, waterproof ones have a better grip compared to the regular ones.
That’s why those can survive regular erasers like sweat, water splash, etc. and stay for a long time, probably as long as you don’t try to erase. You’ll have to put effort to remove those.
Do All Pencil Eyeliners Come Waterproof?
Eyeliners come in different ways. Some are a pencil, and some are liquid. A common myth about eyeliners is that pencil eyeliners are waterproof and those stay for a long time. This statement is nothing but just a myth.
The durability of the eyeliners depends on the materials and formula used to prepare it. Many pencil eyeliners don’t come with a waterproof formula. As a result, those eyeliners smudge easily when coming in touch with any kind of water.
On the other hand, many best liquid eyeliners come with waterproof formula and stay for a long time without smudging. Smudges or not- it depends on the formula. So, it is not a must that all the best pencil eyeliners are waterproof and liquid ones are not.
How are the Pencil Eyeliners Different than Liquid Ones?
To me, the biggest advantage that pencil eyeliner comes with is the portability. You can easily take a pencil one with you without the risk of spilling. Liquids may spill out if you don’t shut it off properly. This trouble can be happened by mistake when you are in a hurry.
If you have big eyes, pencil eyeliners can do wonder for you. Those are really great for big eyes. Also for aged-people, dark and deep shades done by pencil eyeliners are great as it helps to look younger.
If you want to use it in the waterline, pencil eyeliners are much easier to apply and look great. It is because you have more control over the pencil when you are applying it.
Pencil eyeliners sometimes come with different natural extracts like jojoba oil and vitamins. As a result, it promotes the skin health of the eyelids.
How to Apply Eyeliner Pencil?
What if you have the best eyeliner that stays on, but you don’t know how to apply it to get the best result? Need help? The process of applying pencil eyeliner is given below-
- Before applying it, wash your face properly, especially the eyes.
- Sit or stand in a comfortable position. It will help to stay relaxed while applying.
- Start from the middle of the upper lash line and continue to the outer side. Try to keep it smooth, but don’t worry if it is not. You’ll get the chance to fix it later.
- Again put the pencil in the middle and continue to the inner side. This time focus on drawing a perfect thin line. Go slow if you need it.
- Then, focus on making the first line better. Use light strokes to get a smooth line. If you are a beginner in wearing eyeliner, it will be a little wide at first. But you’ll be able to get it perfect after applying a few times.
- After that, put the pencil exactly where the upper line has ended. Start from there and draw a line following the lower lash line. Finish at the inner corner.
- Now, get a smudge brush and smudge the lines a bit. You can use your finger too. Be careful. Don’t smudge too much.
- Take some loose powder in an eyeliner brush and apply it over the lines. It will prevent those from smudging further. If you have oily eyelids, this is a must. For better performance, look for the best smudge-proof eyeliner for oily eyelids.
Trying to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger with Eyeliner Pencil?
Nowadays, most of the girls want their eyes to look bigger. You can do this with the help of your eyeliner pencil. How?
- Don’t apply the eyeliner all-around your eyes. Apply on the outer three-fourths of the lash line. It will draw attention to the wider side of your eyes.
- Instead of making lines just around the eyes, extend those beyond the outer corner of your eyes. Try to have it as natural as possible.
- Don’t stick to black. Brown or some other colors do better than a black one to make your eyes look bigger. So, stay out of your comfort zone of black and try other colors.
- Add some mascara on both lashes. Don’t apply much, just a moderate amount. Use more on the outer side than the inner corner of your eyes.
Most Important best waterproof eyeliner pencil
- Aesthetica Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner Pen – Fast-drying Waterproof & Smudge Proof Formula
- Beauty For Real I-Line 24/7 Waterproof Eyeliner, Black Magic
- Celavi Waterproof Precision Liquid Felt Tip Eyeliner Pen, Black, .08 Oz
- COVERGIRL Ink It! By Perfect Point Plus Waterproof Eyeliner Black Ink 230, .006 oz
- Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner by Docolor Liquid Eye Liner Gel Quick-Dry Eyeliner Pen-Black
- L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Precision Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner, Black, 0.06 fl. oz.
- Maybelline New York Ultra Liner Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, 302 Dark Brown, 0.25 Fluid Ounce
- Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer, Noir 261, Black
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Liner, Black, 0.04 Fluid Ounce
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
Eyes play a great role to express your beauty. Similarly, eyeliners play a great role in your make up. So, at the time of buying, try to choose the best waterproof smudge-proof eyeliner that can have your back for a long time. Choosing one from a lot of options available in the market might be tough, but investing time here will help you to look really great- no matter it is a regular office day or a wedding party.