Best Shampoo for Men: Things You Need to Know
Taking care of hairs is something that men usually forget. In most of the cases, a man’s bathroom cabinet is full of skincare and beard care products while there is just a regular shampoo for hair. But hair care is also important if you want to look good. Besides, you need to keep your hair healthy. That’s why you need to have the best shampoo for men in your bathroom cabinet.
This is an important thing, but you won’t find huge information about men’s shampoo. Also, you’ll find a lot of products in this category. So, choosing the best men’s shampoo is a bit difficult. While picking up the best shampoo for men, you need to know a lot more things. In this article, I’ve discussed those and suggested some shampoos that men can use as proper hair care.
How often should Men Wash Hair?
There is no rule like men should wash their hair twice or thrice in a week. It depends on individual lifestyle, habits, and hair conditions.
If you go to the gym, run regularly, or do something that makes you sweat regularly, you should wash your hair thrice or maybe four times a week. Here wash means washing hair with shampoo. On the other hand, if you don’t do any activity that makes you sweat regularly, maybe twice or once a week is enough for you.
It also depends on your surroundings too. If you live in an area which is extremely dusty and you have to go out daily, washing hair thrice a week is recommended for you. Otherwise, once or twice a week is cool.
The main problem is- shampoo can wash away the natural oil of your hair besides washing the dirt and gunk. Though your scalp brings back the natural oil by regular production, still this is a problem. So, you shouldn’t use shampoo until there is enough dirt in your hair. Buff your hair, if you see those are dry and dirty, use shampoo to remove the dirt and grime. That’s it.
Does Men’s Hair Need Conditioner?
Before seeking the answer to the question, we need to know what the task of conditioners is. The main duty of the conditioner is to make the hair shiny and healthy by smoothing the outer side of the hair. Shampoo takes away the natural oil of the hair while cleaning it. Even if you use the best shampoo for man, it is likely to happen. Conditioner brings back the nourishment and makes your hair look healthy again.
Now, answering is easy. Though most of the men have short hair and natural oil can reach the end easily, it is always good to have some extra nourishment. So, if you ask me, I’ll say it is not a must but good to use conditioner once a week. However, if your hair is very dry, you may use the conditioner twice or even thrice a week. It depends on you, just make sure that you are using it following proper instruction.
Hair Care Tips for Men:
1. Avoid Over-Washing: Over-washing is a mistake that men tend to make regular. We think that washing hair daily will keep it healthy, but the truth is over-washing makes the hair drier.
Using shampoo twice a week is good for men. If you live in a dusty area or lead a sweaty lifestyle, make it thrice a week and use conditioner after each wash. Don’t go for more than this. There is no best shampoo for everyday use.
2. Dry the Hair Naturally: Most men think that short hair can easily be dried up by rubbing the towel hard. That’s why they rub the towel so harsh after a bath that they start losing more hair even after using the best moisturizing shampoo for men. Hair is weaker than normal when it is wet. So, rubbing hard at that time promotes break and fall.
So, don’t rub so hard after washing. Just wipe away excess water and leave it to dry naturally.
3. Remove Wax Using Shampoo: Maybe removing wax is a tough task for you. In that case, use shampoo to remove wax.
Apply some shampoo to dry hair and then rinse. After that, apply shampoo once again. This will help you to get rid of wax from your hair. However, don’t wax every day. This increases the use of shampoo, which is not good for your hair.
4. Don’t go for cheap shampoo: Cheap shampoos wash the natural oil away from your hair. But a good shampoo for men isn’t likely to do something like that. So, if you want your hair to stay healthy and nourished, don’t use cheap shampoo. Choose one from top shampoo for man.
Types of Top Men’s Shampoo:
There are different shampoos for boys are available in the market. Different types are good for different hair types.
1. Gentle Shampoo: These are the best men’s shampoo for normal hair. These don’t wash away the natural nourishment from the hair and scalp.
2. Shampoo for Oily Hair: This type is the best shampoo for oily hair and contains cleansers. The cleansers remove excess oil from the scalp. If you use these on dry scalps, your hair and scalp will be drier.
3. Moisturizing Shampoo: These shampoos are the best shampoos for dry hair men. The added moistures in these shampoos bring back the natural healthy hair.
4. Dandruff Shampoo: These shampoos keep your scalp free from dandruff. But before using this, make sure that you have excess dandruff. Otherwise, it may hurt your scalp.
5. Clarifying Shampoo: These shampoos help to remove excess styling products or chemicals from the hair. Using hair styling products regularly drives to deposit of chemical materials. Swimming in the pool regularly also influences chemical build up.
Men Shampoo Brands Company:
- AMERICAN CREW
- Botanic Hearth
- Brickell Men’s
- DMC HAIR
- Every Man Jack
- L’Oreal Paris
- Majestic Pure
- Maple Holistics
- PURA D’OR
- Pure Biology
- Shiny Leaf
Men’s shampoo reviews:
- American Crew Daily Moisturizing Shampoo 33.8 Fl Oz
- ArtNaturals Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo – (16 Fl Oz / 473ml)
- Baebody Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo with Keratin, 16 Ounces
- Brickell Men’s Products Daily Strengthening Shampoo for Men…
- Dove Men+Care 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner, Fresh and Clean 12 Ounce
- KICK Mens Shampoo – Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Shampoo – Itchy Scalp Treatment..
- Shampoo for Mens Hair – Contains Invigorating Tea Tree Oil – Krieger + Söhne Man Series
- Lipogaine Hair Stimulating Shampoo for Hair Thinning & Breakage, for All Hair Types…
- Majestic Pure Hair Loss Shampoo, Offers Natural Ingredient Based Effective Solution…
- Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo for Anti Dandruff with Jojoba, Argan, and Organic Tea Tree…
- Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth and Volume – Hair Loss for Men and Women…
- PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Shampoo Clinically Tested…
- Suave Men 2in1 AntiDandruff Shampoo & Conditioner, Classic Clean, 12.6 oz
- Woody’s Daily Shampoo for Men, 33.8 oz
- ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set…
- PURA D’OR Biotin Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning (2 x 16oz) Shampoo & Conditioner Set…
- Pure Biology Premium Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo & Conditioner Set – Cleanse…
- Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner Set – with 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil…
- New York Biology Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner – All Natural…
- Brickell Men’s Daily Revitalizing Hair Care Routine, Mint and Tea Tree Oil Shampoo…
Though men tend to avoid hair care, it is really important for them as hair plays a good role in men’s beauty and style. Choosing the best shampoo for men is easy and essential. I hope this article will help you to find out the best natural shampoo for men or any other type depending on your hair.
I suggest knowing your hair type, picking up the best shampoo for that particular hair type, and using regularly. You’ll get the result after a few days.