Best Charcoal Toothpaste: Pros, Cons and Suggestions
Charcoal toothpaste is one of the recent hotshot topics around the world. Using charcoal toothpaste, even the best charcoal toothpaste, is something that people are confused about. Some are in favor of charcoal toothpaste, where others are totally avoiding it.
However, charcoal toothpaste comes with both advantages and disadvantages. So, before choosing the best charcoal for teeth, you’ll have to do some research and know about those. Here I’ve talked about the pros and cons of charcoal toothpaste and suggested a few of the best activated charcoal teeth whitening toothpaste. You can go through it and take your decision about charcoal toothpaste brands.
What is the Best Charcoal Toothpaste?
Charcoal has become a recent trend in beauty and health niche, mainly in the beauty niche. It all started with face masks and scrubs. But now it is used to make toothpaste that you use to wash your teeth.
Best charcoal toothpaste or other charcoal beauty products come to the market with activated charcoal inside. Activated charcoal is the kind of charcoal that is made porous by heating regular charcoal in the presence of gas. This kind of charcoal is mainly prepared to serve some medical purposes. It successfully absorbs and traps toxic chemicals. As a result, it is mostly used in treating accidental poisonings.
Charcoal is a teeth-cleaning element for a very long time. Ancient Romans used charcoal to wash their teeth. In a toothpaste recipe 19th century English homemaker guide, you’ll find the presence of charcoal.
So, there is a chance that the idea of adding charcoal to your toothpaste in influenced by the ancient use of charcoal. However, no matter from where it comes, you’ll see a lot of toothpaste using charcoal as a primary cleaning material.
Does Charcoal Toothpaste Really Work?
The main use of activated charcoal is absorbing and trapping toxic elements. Actually, charcoal has a very good absorbing power. With this great absorbing power, activated charcoal works great for removing stains.
However, when you use the best charcoal toothpaste for whitening, it works great on the surface of your teeth and cleans away the stains. When you consume staining foods like coffee, wine, berries and others, these foods leave stains on your teeth’s surface. Charcoal washes away stains and brings your natural white teeth out. As a result, you call it natural charcoal toothpaste. It can take a good position in your whitening toothpaste ranking, but it is just removing stains. However, removing the stain is also important.
Charcoal toothpaste can get your vote for binding the acidic plaque and keeping the pH level in a stable condition. As charcoal toothpaste washes away the plaques and food particles from your mouth, the problem of bad breath also goes away. Thus the best activated charcoal toothpaste allows you to keep your mouth fresh.
So, it is seen that charcoal toothpaste can help you at a few degrees. You can’t say that charcoal toothpaste is not the best whitening toothpaste, but they are good at a few points. In the case of whitening and removing mouth odor, you can take the help of charcoal toothpaste.
What are the Problems Associated with Charcoal Toothpaste?
In spite of the advantages of the best charcoal toothpaste, you’ll see some disadvantages too. Let’s know about the problems associated with these toothpaste.
Charcoal has an abrasive power that removes the stains. The fact is- it is so abrasive that it can wash away the enamel and expose the dentine. This will make your teeth look more yellow.
Another problem is, generally, charcoal toothpaste doesn’t contain fluoride. Fluoride is very important for your teeth, especially when you are using such an abrasive element like charcoal. As a result, the rate of cavities and tooth decay increases a lot.
This is not really a problem, but charcoal toothpaste can’t remove stains that are under the enamel. As a result, you can’t say that charcoal toothpaste whitens your teeth fully.
As activated charcoal toothpaste come with great abrasive power, it may increase the sensitivity of the teeth.
Is it Okay to Use Charcoal Toothpaste?
You’ve already gone through the advantages and problems of using charcoal toothpaste. Now you decide to choose whether you’ll use charcoal toothpaste or not. If you ask for my advice, I’ll say you can go for using these toothpastes.
You can go for selecting the best activated charcoal toothpaste, but there are some things you should focus on. Charcoal toothpaste is harsh to your teeth. On the other hand, those are an effective tool in maintaining the oral balance in some cases.
So, what should you do?
I think you should go for using the best charcoal teeth whitening toothpaste, but not every day. You can use it weekly 2-3 days and see the result.
How to Buy Best Charcoal Toothpaste?
Whenever you go to find the best teeth whitening charcoal toothpaste, you’ll have to focus on a few things. Those will help you to select the best one from all those good charcoal toothpaste around you.
1. Elements: While shopping for natural charcoal toothpaste, make sure that the toothpaste contains all the elements that are important for your teeth. Some charcoal pastes don’t contain fluoride. Don’t buy those.
2. Flavor: All natural charcoal toothpaste doesn’t come with the same flavor. There are different flavors of charcoal toothpaste out there. Try to buy a flavor that won’t be harmful to your teeth and won’t give you bad breath. Calm flavors are normally calm for your teeth. Go for those.
3. Whitening Properties: Whitening your teeth is one of the most important reasons for using charcoal toothpaste. So, make sure that the toothpaste you select comes with teeth whitening properties.
The price, expert recommendations, and user reviews are also soothing that you’ll have to focus on. As it is associated with the health of your teeth, don’t hesitate to invest enough time in choosing the best activated charcoal toothpaste for whitening.
Charcoal whitening toothpaste reviews:
- Cali White ACTIVATED CHARCOAL & ORGANIC COCONUT OIL TEETH WHITENING…
- 100% Natural Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste| Charcoal Toothpaste Made in USA…
- Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste – DESTROYS BAD BREATH…
- Charcoal Toothpaste Free Sls No Fluoride Teeth Whitening Coconut Charcoal Toothpaste…
- Hello Oral Care Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Fluoride Free & SLS Free Toothpaste…
- Dental Expert Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste…
- Active Wow Activated Charcoal Toothpaste – Teeth Whitening Formula with Organic Coconut…
- My Magic Mud – Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, Natural, Whitening, Detoxifying, Peppermint…
- Probiotic Activated Charcoal Toothpaste – 4 Ounce Whitening Fluoride Free Spearmint…
- ECCO PURE Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste + BONUS Bamboo Toothbrush…
- Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Natural Toothpaste Kit w/ Coconut Oil, Black Binchotan…
- Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste with Mint Flavor – 100% Naturally Derived…
- BlackMagic Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, Organic Coconut Oil & Carbon Coco for Teeth…
- Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste | Eliminates Bad Breath | Better Than Charcoal…
- Active Wow Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder Natural…
- Activated Charcoal Natural Teeth Whitening Powder by Ecco Pure…
- Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder – Pure Beauty Award Winning Product…
- Black Pearl Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Toothpaste – Organic Coconut Charcoal…
- Tuxedo Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder – All Natural Whitening…
- Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder [FREE Bamboo Toothbrush] Natural Whitening…
Best charcoal toothpaste brands:
- Active Wow
- Bright Up
- Cali White
- Carbon Noir
- Dental Duty
- Dental Expert
- ECCO PURE
- Hello Oral Care
- Natural Dentist
- Tom’s of maine
- TWIN LOTUS
- Viva Naturals
Using the best charcoal toothpaste may not ensure a better result compared to the best toothpaste out there for different purposes. Still, you’ll get some good results. But make sure that you are not causing any harm while using this toothpaste.